Located in the north west of Europe and politically divided between the Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland, Ireland is one of the friendliest, safest, most beautiful destinations internationally renowned for its hospitality and cultural heritage and that is also one of the fastest growing economies of the world.
Irish education system ranking among Europe’s top 20, is one of the best in Europe and world. Ireland is major hub for all Information technology, Engineering, Finance, Business, Pharmacy and Psychology programs.
Ireland welcomes a good candidate with scholarship facilities. Students are even allowed to work part time for 20 hours per week and 40 hour per fortnight. Given that European headquarters of many IT & Pharmaceutical companies are located here, Ireland is famous for programs related to IT, Pharmacy and Business.
Generally, a good IELTS score of 6.5 Band with no Band score less than 6.0 for Masters and 6.0 Band with no Band less than 5.5 for Bachelor’s is mandatory. Universities of Ireland do not offer pre-sessional courses. Hence, students not meeting the English language requirements need to re-take the test and improve their IELTS scores. However, Dublin Business School and Griffith College are exceptions as they offer 2 months pre-sessional English Language course depending upon the IELTS score.
Types of Educational Institutions
- There are 7 Government funded Universities providing Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research degree programs
Institute of Technology :
- There are 14 Government funded Institute of Technology offering a wide range of programs
- Mostly private, they offer a range of programs including professional certificates, diplomas, undergraduate & postgraduate degrees in a diverse range of subjects.
Some of good Universities, Institutes and colleges
- University College Dublin
- University of Cork
- Dublin city University
- University of Limerick
Institute : -
- Dublin Institute of Technology
College : -
- National College of Ireland
- Griffith College
- Dublin Business School
Available Intakes : September (for all programs) and January (for few programs)
Post Study Work Permit: Post study work visa of 2 years for a Master’s student
Post study work visa of 1 year for a Bachelor’s student
Entry Requirements :
- For Master's :
- Minimum 60-70% in bachelor degree
- IELTS 6.5 bands with no band less than 6.0 bands
- For Bachelor's :
- Minimum 70-80% in class 12th for universities, 60% for institute of technology and 50% for colleges (Private institute).
- Required 6.0 bands in IELTS with no band less than 5.5 bands.
Read more about study in Ireland on: